Head of English - Madrid
A group of private bilingual schools is seeking to appoint a Head of English for their school in Madrid to start August 2018. The successful candidate will be a fluent Spanish speaker and holder of a UK or EU passport.
- Competitive salary
- Bachelor degree in Primary or Secondary Education and/or Master degree in Primary or Secondary Education
- Native English level or Bilingual english level(C2) and fluent in Spanish (C1/C2)
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience at Primary or Secondary level
- Experience as Head of English department in a school or academy
- Experience of developing high performing teachers and sharing good practice
- Very good communicational, organizational and leadership skills
- High commitment with the job, the School´s project and vision
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for English Education within our Network of Private Schools.
- Set the key academic standards and strategies in order to ensure the achivement of the curriculum goals in each subject teached in English within Pre-school, Primary and Secondary levels.
- Set up the standards to achieve highly effective teaching, learning and assessment.
- Assist in the development of policies and procedures and evaluate programs in accordance with established goals and objectives.
- Promote and maintain frecuent contact with Cambridge to ensure that the implementation of the British Curriculum is follow correctly.
- Developmental observation processes of english coordinators and teachers in order to support their performance and to promote improvement strategies and sharing good practice. Work closely to Heads of School in order to challenge underperformance at all levels.
- Administrative and logistical planning, including curriculum planning and evaluating coordinators’ progress.
APPLY for this Position:
Contact Heather Thompson at email@example.com for further information.
For Prospective Candidates:
Compass will only provide full details of international teaching vacancies to those teachers that have registered with us.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for many vacancies, only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.