King’s College Madrid - Spain
King’s College was founded over forty years ago as a British School for pupils ranging from pre-nursery to age 18. It offers British education all the way through to A Level. The school has over 1600 pupils and the number is steadily rising as pupils from our two main feeder schools within the centre of Madrid (King’s Infants’ School and the King’s College School, La Moraleja) join us at age 7 and 14 respectively. The majority of pupils are Spanish, although there are a significant number of British and international pupils.
King’s is renowned as one of the world’s leading British International Schools and, as such, King’s College has proved an excellent platform for career development for its employees in terms of promotion to posts back in the UK and in other British schools abroad. The College is part of King’s Group, which includes schools in Alicante, Murcia, Panama and the UK as well as the three schools in Madrid. The College is also a longstanding member of HMC and COBIS and is inspected by ISI.
King’s College is located approximately 20 km north from the centre of Madrid. Madrid is a modern, lively, European capital city with excellent cultural facilities and easy travel links to other major Spanish cities.
The school is in Tres Cantos, a ‘satellite city’ of Madrid designed in the 1970’s. Trains regularly run from Tres Cantos station to the centre of Madrid and take around 20 minutes. There is also a public bus which runs very close to the school. The majority of new staff live in the centre of Madrid and make use of the school bus provided in order to travel to and from work. Alternatively, living further north of the College allows for a very peaceful existence in the beautiful Sierra mountain range.
The School in Brief
- Renowned as one of the world’s leading British International Schools
- 1,600 pupils aged from 20 months to 18 years
- Founded over 40 years ago
- A track record of sending high numbers of pupils to leading Russell Group and Ivy League universities
- Superb facilities including a brand new Science building and Sports Hall
- Consistently excellent SAT, IGCSE and A Level results
- Situated in a purpose built campus in a leafy suburb of Madrid, 20 minutes from the city centre and Barajas airport
- Member of HMC, COBIS, ISC, and BSA; Inspected by ISI
- Flagship school of the King’s Group (Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Panama and UK)
- A dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational teacher
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Flexible and ready for a challenge of a new developing school
- A fluent English speaker and holder of a British passport
- Minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
- Chemistry teacher – KS3-5
- Mathematics teacher – KS3-5
- Primary Year 5 teacher
- Pre-Nursery teacher
King’s Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.
For further information:
Contact Tom Arnold at email@example.com.
For Prospective Candidates:
Compass will only provide full details of international teaching vacancies to those teachers that have registered through our website or have emailed their CV/Resume to us.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for many vacancies, only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.