King’s College School - Spain
King’s College School opened in September 2007 and has become a thriving preparatory school, with a roll of over 500 pupils from Nursery to Year 9 (aged 3 to 14).
The school is closely linked with King’s Infant School (Chamartin) and King’s College (Soto de Viñuelas). A class joins La Moraleja in Year 3 from Chamartin and La Moraleja pupils transfer to Soto de Viñuelas for Yr 10. The majority of pupils are Spanish, although there are a significant number of British and international pupils, with over 30 different nationalities represented.
The school is one-form entry in Early Years and Key Stage 1, and two/three-form entry in Key Stages 2 and 3. The school follows the British National Curriculum, leading to IGCSE courses which begin in Yr 9. The pupils are highly motivated and are very well supported by their parents. This makes teaching and working within Kings College School very fulfilling. Regular professional training takes place both internally and externally. There are many opportunities for career progression and promotion and the excellent reputation that King’s enjoys worldwide, ensures that staff are strong candidates when applying for promotions both within the Uk and Internationally.
The School in Brief
- Part of King’s Group, founded in 1969, which now has schools in Madrid, Murcia, Alicante, Panama and the UK
- One of the world’s leading British International Schools
- Stunning purpose built campus in La Moraleja, Madrid
- IAPS Prep School with 500 pupils aged 3 – 14
- Feeder school to King’s College, Madrid
- Modern facilities including, library, ICT suite, science lab, music rooms, multi-purpose sports surface, multi-use hall and infirmary
- Member of the Council of British International Schools
- Inspected by ISI
- A dynamic, passionate, resilient and inspirational teacher
- Excellent working knowledge of the English National Curriculum and recent developments
- Flexible and ready for a challenge of a new developing school
- A fluent English speaker and holder of a British passport
- Minimum of 2 years UK experience
- Willingness to be part of the training programme for the Panamanian Teachers
- Knowledge of Spanish, or willingness to learn Spanish would be an advantage
- No current vacancies
King’s Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be expected to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS process.
For further information:
Contact Tom Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For Prospective Candidates:
Compass will only provide full details of international teaching vacancies to those teachers that have registered through our website or have emailed their CV/Resume to us.
Due to the high number of applications we receive for many vacancies, only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted.