Teacher of Biology (IBDP)
Malvern College, is seeking to appoint a Teacher of Biology (IBDP) for August 2024.
Malvern College Egypt, is a prestigious institution and international brand in the heart of New Cairo. Following the very successful transition to new leadership in August 2023, the College is looking eagerly ahead to August 2024 and recruiting dedicated and dynamic teachers to become part of an exceptional team and to play a role in shaping the dynamic future of this prestigious school.
Malvern College is experiencing transformation, driven by a team of visionary leaders who have honed their expertise in the world’s most prestigious international schools. Under the strategic guidance of the esteemed Headmaster, Gavin Boyle, this dynamic and cohesive leadership team is forging a new path for MCE. New appointees will have the opportunity to work with a dynamic and supportive team of reflective teachers who are fully committed to academic excellence within a supportive and caring environment.
Malvern College Egypt is not just a school; it is a place where dreams are nurtured, talents are honed, and students are inspired to become the leaders of tomorrow.
The successful candidate will drive student success within the UK Curriculum and IB programmes. The appointee will support a team-based culture of collective efficacy and an unwavering commitment to engaging teaching with the proven ability to foster positive relationships and consistently inspire and motivate students. Suitable candidates will require:
- An appropriate university degree and teaching qualification
- KS3/IGCSE/A-Level/IBDP experience essential
- At least 2 years’ experience of teaching English National Curriculum (adapt per role – experience IBDP etc.)
- A passion for teaching and learning and a drive to achieve high standards for all
- To be an advocate for student wellbeing and involved in the pastoral care system
- Excellent understanding of SUBJECT and how students learn SUBJECT
- Strong classroom management and organisational skills
- A solid understanding of and use of ICT in the classroom.
- To be a team player, motivated by the challenge of achieving the vision of the department and the school.
Malvern College Egypt offers a comprehensive and competitive package including:
- Tax free salary in GBP (20% paid in local currency and not tied to exchange rates)
- Monthly housing supplement
- Comprehensive health care
- Return flights and relocation allowance
- 2 complimentary places for dependent children
- Free transportation to and from school
- Support on arrival to Cairo including advance settling in salary and a new staff induction programme
Cairo is an exciting and vibrant place to live and offers an excellent standard of living. It is also a very convenient location for travel and exploring the delights of South East Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East. The College is located in the outskirts of Cairo, close to the airport and between two affluent areas of Maadi and New Cairo.
Malvern College is on a journey to redefine education, and need dedicated, professional educators to help achieve the vision. Malvern College welcomes candidates to apply to join their international family and create a brighter future together.